Last Updated on by
Are you planning to get a bike? Or you are tired of your old one, need a new ride experience? Many of us fall in confusion while buying a bike thinking that should we buy a new bike or go for an old one!
It depends on some facts like budget, availability, fascination, and purpose even. The fascinating fact is you have to buy a new bike almost at the same rate wherever you buy it, but in the case of the old bike, price varies according to the condition of the cycle.
To avoid confusion we state some facts that you will get hints which one to buy!
New Bikes over Old Bikes or Old Bikes over New Bikes?
As you see the facts you will meet while buying a new or old one, you might need some clear consideration right now.
- If you care for pricing of a cycle, you may go for an old bike for their reasonable prices
- If you care for a model, then you have to compromise your budget
The better and safe option is to go for new bikes because you will get so many benefits from buying a new one.
But people with vintage, they love to stick between old facts and products, for the old products are still precious. They may not care about upgrade rather they enjoy the old version.
Some Common Facts while Buying Bikes
- Search Properly: Before buying any bike, you should select the category such as commuter, or mountain bike depending on your demand. You may visit your nearer shops, or Bicycle Blue Book, Pro Tested Gear or Pro’s Closet. Narrow your size to state a perfect decision.
- Check Frame: The owner of Pro’s Closet has suggested checking the underneath and around the joints of the frame to avoid rust, cracks, etc.
- Tires Checking: You should check the tire by kicking or taking any of your friends with high IQ on bike condition, said Changing Gears’ Director.
- Review & Feedback: Before buying from any online sites, check their return policy as well as rating or reviews that should be 90% positive. Such as some provide negative reviews on the buying cycle from Craigslist because they don’t have any seller feedback.
- Final Inspection: When you have decided to buy a particular on whereas new or old; you may buy extra tires, grips, tapes, etc. to give your modification or give a new look to the old one! Another important fact is to test your bike in the shop before paying.
1. Which one would be the best choice between the old and new bike?
Of course, the new one. It will provide you latest model, guarantee card, service facility, and a better experience. Along with, you get preference on color, model, quality rather than old model!
2. Where would I get Old Bike?
You can easily find an old bike from the nearest shops in the time of sale, friends or relatives, or from online. Here are some of the best places to buy used bikes online: Craigslist, eBay, eBid, etc. on what you can rely on.
3. Which one is more pricey?
In general, the new one would be! But comparing with second-hand the latest version might be pricey sometimes. But don’t forget to check and recheck the old one if you go for it!
4. Is it wise to buy a second hand latest expensive model?
How long the bike has been used and what is the present status of the latest can define the answer. It seems not everyone affords the latest versions so they look for second hand, for them, it would wise to check the following facts while buying.
Still, confused between old and new? Don’t worry. When you search more and more and write down each of your favorite ones’ pros and cons, you might fairly get the answer. Most people prefer to buy a new one though they are a little bit pricey, you get service benefits and an upgraded version.
Buying a second-hand bicycle is quite hassle because you need to check price, condition, modify (if required), no service facility for free, insufficiency on getting particular parts and so on. It would be wise to care little about money rather than get a new bike with a wide range of facilities!