Don’t you need to see the road in the dark during biking? Don’t you ride at night? Every rider who rides at night should use a light a see the way. That’s why, as a rider, you should know about every detail of the light. Lumina 550 is that type light every rider wants to ride. This light is not only popular for its brightness of the light and different modes of light, but also it has a unique sleek design. That’s why here you’ll find the Lumina 550 reviews.
Firstly, we'll provide you with the features of the Lumina 550 following with specification. Then we'll discuss the quality of the Niterider Lumina 550. Before wrapping up, we'll answer the common questions about the Niterider Lumina micro 650 and Lumina 550. Let’s get started.
Features at a Glance
- The design is very sleek and no need for an external battery pack and any cord.
- The reflectors are highly efficient, and it has an ultrabright LED which delivers uniform light pattern of halos.
- It offers different light output for every mode. 40 lumens light output for walking, 150 lumens for low, 250 lumens for medium and 550 lumens for high.
- The Niterider Lumina 550 is a very battery consuming torch. It gives light 1.5 hours on high mode, 5.5 hours on low mode and almost 18 hours on walk mode. Besides the flashing mode helps to alert others about your presence. The flash mode runs for almost 40 hours.
- As we already have told you the Lumina 550 doesn’t need external battery pack as well as cord. You can charge it through the USB port of any computer or laptop. It requires a maximum of 5.5 hours to fully charged up.
- The Niterider Lumina 550 offers quick-release handlebar mount and fits perfectly on the 31.8mm diameters handlebar. Detaching and attaching of the light from the mount is easy and secure.
- Bulb Type: LED
- Number of Bulbs: 1
- Battery Type: Li-Ion Integrated and Rechargeable.
- Maximum Charge time: 5.5 hours.
- Lumen Output: Maximum 550 and Minimum 150
- Battery life: 1.5 hours(max) on high, 5.5 hours(max) on low, 40 hours(max) on flashing.
- Weight: 12 ounces.
- Dimension: 10 x 7 x 4 inches.
Essentials Qualities to Look at
If you go through Niterider Lumina review, you’ll get an idea the majority of the lights are focus on quality than adding more features. The best thing about the Lumina 550 is it offers a low price with some quality features. Specially who has been looking for light under $100, should go through the Lumina 550 reviews and try it.
Brightness of the light: Lumina 550 has scored 8 out of 10 at 146 meters distances. It is almost breathing in the neck the Lumina 750’s 180-meter beam distance. The closest competitor of the Lumina 550’s is Cygolite Expilion 850. You can find a difference from their light coverage barely.
Beam: You'll get goosebumps to know that Lumina 550 scores 8 out of 10 light beam exam and this score is only lower than the Niterider Pro 1800 and the Light and Motion Taz 1500. It offers a great quality of the beam, and it overtakes some of its expensive siblings also. If you are seeing for a budget light, I would recommend you to use the Niterider Lumina 550.
Portability: Completely a portable light. You don’t need to carry any cord or anything like that. For attaching the light on the handlebar, you have to connect the mount first. The mount is suitable for almost all kind of handlebars. Pass the handlebar between the two jaws of the mount and then screw the mount up. It can be little tricky for a narrow handlebar.
After installing the mount, slide the light on to the mount and lock it in the place. For detaching, press the rear lever and pull the light backwards.
Battery: We’ve already discussed the battery of the Lumina 550. Although it doesn’t need any external battery back, it supports for a long time. The Niterider Lumina 550 seems slightly better than other expensive light on battery backup. As mounting straps are easy to remove, it allows you to charge quickly.
Applications: The best application of the Lumina 550 is on the mountain bike. You can trail safely and quickly at night. You can also setup the light on the helmet for ideal mountain trailing. It will stable rock solidly on both handlebar and helmet.
Cost: The best way to select a product is to see the price vs value chart first. For Lumina 550 I’ve already told you about every detail of it. Also, you should see the Niterider Lumina 850 review because the light is quite similar to the Lumina 550. Both have great values but not the same in price. Lumina 550 is cheaper than Lumina 850.
1. Does Lumina 650 needs and external battery?
It doesn't need any. It works like Lumina 550 and completely cordless. For charge, you have to connect the light with a USB charging cord. Also, it has a huge battery backup. .
2. How many days warranty it gives?
The light has made for offering the maximum durability and performance. The company provides a warranty against defects in the material and workmanship. But don't think they will provide a warranty for damages done by you and normal ear and tear.
3. How can I turn on the lock mode?
You won’t be able to lock/unlock the light until you know the process. Just press and hold the button for seven seconds. If the button light turns from blue to red, then the light will be locked automatically.
The Niterider has been over 25 years, and they build the best possible lights over the years. Usually, bicycle headlights serve two purposes they are- to give a clear vision at night and to support with great battery life. From the Niterider Lumina 550 reviews, you’ll understand that the light is capable of serving both purposes. Besides, it is unique on its way such as, it has rock-solid stable mount ring, high-frequency daylight strobe flash, which is very noticeable. The lock mode helps you keep the light save from children. The only negative side is, it is bit heavier in weight.