Are you looking for the best BMX bikes under 300? Maybe you would like to get the greatest one from the thousands of great bikes. It will be more comfortable if you can adequately research on real customer reviews.
Bmx Bike is designed mainly for sport on the off-road. It is most beloved as the best performer as a racing and stunting bicycle motocross. Moreover, it comes with traction support and maximum dirt preventing power.
Today, I am going to meet you to the best BMX bike I have ever seen, which may give you a vibe of a new world towards racing or stunting sports. So, let’s have a look through the article.
Best BMX Bike (Mongoose Legion Review)
According to my analysis on the BMX users, Mongoose Legion works better than other traditional bikes. But you are still confused on finding the best one?
I have researched a lot to find the best BMX at the best affordable price. Luckily, I got it and continued using it from the last year to still. So, today I am sharing the noticeable features and benefits of this bike to rescue you from confusion. I, somehow, couldn’t skip it, because it successfully stands out with the excellent features over the 40 years. Most importantly, the manufacturer updates this model and continuously adding new features each year. I believe this model will fulfil your demands on sporting or racing. As well as make your cycling comfortable and enjoyable.
The Mongoose has been on the market for over 40 years. Their main motto is aggressiveness and forced to think riders to push their limits. No matter what, which place you want to check in riding on the BMX because the bike is strong enough to handle rough trails. Let’s see the features the Mongoose Legion L20 is offering.
- The strength and durability of a bike mostly depend on its fame quality. For BMX bike, no one will compromise the frame quality because it is primarily a bike for rough use. The L20 is making with Hi-Ten steel.
- The wheel size is perfect for 4’an 8”-5’4” riders. That means the bike is more suitable for kids. Also, Mongoose is offering different sizes of wheels. So, the height of the bike is not an issue yet.
- Brakes are always essential and mandatory for bikes. But for a BMX bike, you need more accurate brakes. Because most of us use BMX to perform stunts. The Mongoose Legion L20 provides u-brakes and brake levers, which ensures precise speed control.
- The drive train has 170 mm one-piece, forged steel crank. The drivetrain has been made with the combination of 25T and American loose ball bottom bracket. A 50 mm stem amalgamates the fork and Hi-Tin steel handlebar.
- Gearing: 25 x9T
- Brake: Aluminum u-brake
- Chain Length: 348 mm
- Stand over height: 565 mm
- Tubular Chromoly Cranks: yes
- Dimensions: 23.6 x 8.7 x 48.8 inches
- Weight: 26.5 pounds
2. Mongoose Legion Freestyle Sidewalk BMX Bike for-Kids [Most Selling Bike]
Mongoose Legion is a great revolution among the most popular BMX bike manufacturing companies. Its customer preference is increasing day by day for attractive features. At the same time, it is more demanding for its affordable pricing criteria. In a word, mongoose legion is a significant bike for a great appearance and functional benefits.
Mongoose is such a lightweight bike which you can use for multipurpose reasons. Similarly, the plastic body materials ensure the perfect grip. For example, the street park, flatland and dirty jumping racing all of the cases it performs as the best assistant. It comes with the range from LXS to L100. After then it has 20” wheel and 16” top-tube length. You will get more 25/11T drivetrain and a rear U-brake which is quite easier for your child. In the meantime, mongoose has 360-degree detangles on the front side.
Most Highlighted Features:
- Very lightweight stylish model is available with blue, pink and orange color.
- Suitable for any kinds of jumping sports, racing and flatland sports.
- It Comes with 20” wheel and 16” length of top-tube.
- Up to 360-degree detangler has on the front of the bike.
- Durable plastic body materials
Other BMX Bike
BMX riding can be defined in several ways like street BMX, Racing, dirt BMX, Flatland BMX, and freestyle BMX. So before purchasing any BMX, it is a must to know your intention and what kind of service you need from the BMX. Here, you'll see the review of different BMX, and at the same time, their purpose is not exact.
Mongoose legion BMX bike has some specific consideration. Likewise, you need to keep in mind that another person’s point of view may not match with your choice. However, it is based on individual’s preferences and comfort. Here I note out some of the things that you keep in mind to get the right mongoose legion.
You can not review any bike of Schwinn before introducing the company. It is a historic company in the bicycle industry. In in1983, Schwinn came up wit a model that hit the American biker community pretty hard. Schwinn is come up with the model predator 24 Freestyle for ruminating on the late eighties' bike. Let's see what the bike is offering us.
- 24 freestyle means the size of the wheel is 24 inches. From the wheel's size, it is easily understandable that this BMX is eligible for all ages.
- The frames hi-steel frame makes it sturdy and robust, though it is on the BMX's heavier side.
- It has a single-single drivetrain, and the pedals, seat, and brakes are below the standard quality. But these things are overlooked for their low price.
- Also, the bike has the latest chrome finish only from chrome lovers.
- The metal axels and 24-inch wheels are only for the race on grime and pavement. Both front and back caliper brake is suitable for stopping.
- Color – Gray
- Frame Material – Steel
- Rides Height Range – 4’8”- 5’4”
- Brake – U brake
- Number of speeds – single
- Seat Post Type – Laid Back
- Wheel Size– 24 inches
- weight – 30 lbs.
Safety Tips for BMX
There have some possibilities of risk while racing or jumping with BMX bike. But you follow a few simple steps; you can ignore these risk factors.
- Protective devices like helmet, elbow and shin guards should wear
- Wearing long-sleeve trousers and tops is useful for protecting the gloves and knees
- Beneficial to check the bike pedal, wheel and brakes before starting the riding.
From (wheeliegreat.com), we collected all the information about it Mongoose Legion L60
According to Mongoose, the list price on the Legion L20 is a shockingly low RRP for the 2017/2018; under $200! Here from (noobnorm.com), you can find the price comparison with other BMX bikes.
In (thrillappeal.com), you will find the ratings, reviews, and pricing on amazon.com.
Important considerations Before Buying BMX
BMX bikes under $300 have some specific consideration. Likewise, it would help if you kept in mind that another person’s perspective may not match your choice. However, it is based on an individual’s preferences and comfort. Here I note some of the things you keep in mind to get the right mongoose legion.
The durability of your bike will depend on the materials used in it. BMX has a reputation to bear highly abuse from different types of riding. For this reason, the frame material is essential. BMX, generally, arrives with four elements. These are respectively, Titanium, Carbon fiber, Aluminum, and High-tensile steel. Among all, titanium is the best durable among them but a bit expensive than all other parts.
On the other hand, hi-ten steel is compromising a little bit durability but a very reasonable price. Besides, the weight is depending on the frame materials. Luckily, you will get a hi-ten steel frame into this model of mongoose. That’s why you can choose it.
It comes with such a wheel size range that you can use it and also select it for your child. If the wheel size does not perfect, then you’re riding might be a complete failure. So, keep in mind that wheel size 16”,20” and 24” are the most suitable ones. Wheel size depends completely on your riding satisfaction. Don’t forget to check the suitable wheel size before purchasing.
Another thing depends on your personal preference. There are several types of BMX available in the market.The Street BMX for riding in the streets, where the main preference is urban street riding. We use to see riders get creative on urban infrastructure like stairs, rails to perform special skills and tricks. Racing BMX stands for well-groomed bitumen or undulating terrain. Most of the BMX race bikes are not designed like other BMX bikes to maintain riding disciplines. Dirt BMX bikes use for dirt jumping and berms. Mostly this type of BMX is suitable for practicing skills.
The braking system is mandatory for each bike. But BMX is giving a special alloy U-braking system. Besides, there have few BMX models that come with cantilever brake. I prefer alloy u-brake. It is more effective than cantilever.
The riding speed, contact of location, the grip is depending on the tiers. Try to select a BMX of rolling tires for park or road riding. Most importantly, as if it can take up to 110psi pressure.
1. It is depending on what you are looking exactly?
But overall, I think that the mongoose as a fine, and popular brand since 1970. It is producing several excellent products for beginners and release within a very affordable price. I believe it is a good brand of your investment.
2. What makes a BMX bike different from a regular bike?
BMX bike's frame and wheel size make it different from regular bikes. The height is almost half of a regular bike. Also, a standard bike is suitable for commuting. Most of the BMX lacks it; besides, you cannot use another regular bike as roughly as you can use the BMX.
3. What Is The Best BMX Bike Size For Me?
For finding the best BMX size for you, first, you must know your height and the top tube length of BMX bike. For the rider who is 4'0''- below, a suitable top tube length is 15"-16" and suitable frame size is a micro mini. Then Mini size frame has 16"-17" top tube length suitable for 4'0"- 4'.6". In the same way, you'll find the frame size named Junior, Expert, Pro, and Pro XL/XXL according to the height of the riders.